Monday 27 August 2018

Internships at MOJU

Internships at MOJU


During the month of August, the Mais Sucesso Project received two Social Worker internships. Let’s read their story…


My name is Anna De Bona, I`m 24 years old and I live in Muenster, Germany. There, I study social work and enjoy the life as a student.At the moment, I`m doing an internship at MOJU for my studies and travel around Algarve.The objective of this internship is to find my way through the whole world of Social Work and get to know the work with kids at this age. I am doing it in Portugal because I can imagine myself working abroad and also to gain experiences about this topic.

I am really happy and thankful to get the chance and hope I make the best out of it.


Hallihallöchen ihr lieben,
My name is Josi and I have the fortunate opportunity to be one of the newest members to this nice little EVS Family in Olhao. Originally, I am from Germany where I have just started to study Social work this last April. In this course of study it’s mandatory to finish an Internship in the Social Work field. Because my friend’s friend we got to know of the Mujo Mais Sucesso Project, which fits with what we were looking for and they were happy to take in new volunteers.

In Germany I am originally from Nürnberg, wich is in Frankonia a part of Bavaria (South of Germany / Oktoberfest ;)). Bavaria is known for its Beer culture. We even have our own Beer commandment which is called: Bayerisches Reinheitsgebot. Next to beer, the food is what I miss most from my home country (Bretzels and Bread). Especially,  good dark bread with a nice crust which is hard to come by outside of Germany… With those three B’s you cannot go wrong!!!


At home I am a very active person, I really like to be outside and find new adventures that want to be done. As a hobby, I have found climbing. Here in the Algarve with all of its cliffs along the coast there are such nice climbing spots. I hope to be able to try one of them before I go.

Since my start at MOJU, quite some time has already past. I started on the first of August and will finish on the 31st. Sadly, since I only have a little time to get to know the way things work here, I will probably leave before I could completely integrate myself into the work. But I see the chances in this situation. I think it’s a great opportunity to be involved in this kind of organization; away from my home, to see the cultural differences, how things are handled, etc. Besides, I think a month is (also if short) enough time to fit in the position I work in. I am very excited to see what the next week will bring!

Liebe Grüße
Josi




No comments:

Post a Comment